Upcoming NLCA Workshop
The Summer of the IBCLC®!
Registration is now open for our upcoming Workshop Series: The Summer of the IBCLC®!
This series of two three-hour workshops will focus on the IBCLC® in the hospital setting. Application has been made for 3 hours of continuing education credits for IBCLCs, RNs, and RDs for each workshop.
Purchase tickets to one workshop, both workshops, or both summer workshops plus the recording of our recent workshop, Moving the IBCLC® Forward: A Workshop on Improving Access to Clinical Care (awarded 3 E-CERPS, or three hours of CE for RNs and RDs) for a total of 9 hours of continuing education.
Workshops will be recorded and available after the event to those who cannot attend live.
Workshop One: July 30, 1:00-4:30 pm ET
How to be an Effective Hospital-Based IBCLC
- Session 1: Optimal Lactation Care in the Hospital Setting
- Session 2: It’s Just the Milk – Why Bother Breastfeeding in the NICU?
- Session 3: Advocating for the IBCLC in the Hospital Setting
Faculty: Rebecca Mannel, MPH, IBCLC, FILCA; Sylvia Edwards, RN, MS, APN, IBCLC; Teresa McCullen, BA, IBCLC, Lic. LC; Claire Eden, BA, IBCLC, Lic. LC; Marsha Walker, RN, IBCLC
Workshop Two: August 27, 1:00-4:30 pm ET
Extending your Reach Beyond Patient Care
- Session 1: Opportunities for Breastfeeding Support in a Pediatric Hospital
- Session 2: Improving Outcomes Through Motivational Interviewing
- Session 3: A Data and Team Driven Approach to becoming a Baby Friendly Hospital
Faculty: Ginger Carney, MPH, RDN, LDN, IBCLC, FILCA, FAND; Glenda Dickerson, MS, RN, IBCLC; Sylvia Edwards, RN, MS, APN, IBCLC